Sarah Samuels is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR). Looking after the information you share with us is important, and we want you to be confident that we keep and use your data safely and securely.
You will be notified of changes to this notice by our updating it on our website. Sarah Samuels will be known as the ‘Data Controller’ of data you provide to us. By Data Controller means that Sarah Samuels determines the purposes and way in which any data is, or will be, processed.
What information do we collect when you enquire?
When you make an enquiry about our services you are entering into a contract with us. When you enquire, it requires you to provide information such as:
- contact name
- contact telephone and email details
- information on present and previous sales
How do we use your information?
- GDPR allows us to use and share your data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your account information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement. Your contact details will be shared with our team of tradesman in order for the work to be carried out.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Sarah Samuels in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to provide newsletters and other information that may be of use to you and in your interest.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. if requested by the HSE
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new products and services, share some of our latest work and designs with you, and offers and improvements to our website and our services. These will be by email or via our website and you can opt out at any time using the links provided.
How long we keep your information
When you register on our website and provide information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your information for at least 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under ‘How we use your information’ above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your information, in which case we will retain your information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Sarah Samuels, these are called your Data Subject Rights:
- Right of access –to request access to your information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact Sarah Samuels email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk. Where your information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with GDPR, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are and how Sarah Samuels uses them.
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website.
In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site.
Details of Third Party Cookies
Sarah Samuels allows selected Third Parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site.
For details of the Third Party cookies we use please see the table below. Sarah Samuels is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we suggest that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Targeting purposes.
Google Tag Manager
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.