Artist: Caroline Bailey RSW
1953 Born Chester
1970-71 Foundation Course Mid Cheshire College of Further Education
1972-75 B.A. (Hons) Printed Textiles Manchester Polytechnic
1975-76 M.A. Textile Design Manchester Polytechnic
1977-1985 Taught part time at Manchester Polytechnic and worked freelance in textiles and painting.
1986 onwards Continued to paint exhibiting regularly throughout the U.K.
Major One-Person Exhibitions include:
- The Gallery Manchester’s Art House (Manchester 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003 and 2005)
- The Gallery Anglesey’s Art House (Anglesey 2004)
- Thompson’s The City (London 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2004)
- Walker Gallery (Harrogate 1997 to 2012)
- Morven Gallery (Isle of Lewis 1999, 2003, 2010)
- Thompson’s Gallery, Marylebone (London 1999, 2001, 2003, 2012)
- Waterford Gallery (Manchester 2000, 2002, 2004 and 2006)
- Colours Gallery (Edinburgh 2001, 2007)
- John Noott Gallery/Broadway Modern (Broadway 1995-2007)
- Ainscough Contemporary Art (London and Dartmouth 2007, 2010)
- Panter and Hall (London 2009)
- Denise Yapp Contemporary Art (Monmouth 2010)
Group exhibitions include:
- Mina Renton Gallery (London)
- Castlegate House (Cumbria)
- Manor House Gallery (Oxfordshire)
- Clifton Gallery (Bristol)
- Albany Gallery (Cardiff)
- Yew Tree Gallery (Cornwall)
- Denise Yapp contemporary Art (Monmouth)
- Hunter Gallery (Suffolk)
- Sarah Samuels Fine Paintings (Chester)
- Irish Management Institute
- Maclay Murray and Spens
- Edinburgh Fund Managers
- Callscan Ltd.
- Royal Watercolour Society Open Exhibition -Daler Rowney Award -First Prize 1994.
- Royal Watercolour Society Awards -The Artist Award 1997
- Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour -Glasgow Arts Club Fellowship 1999 and the Scottish Arts Club Award 2001
- Royal Scottish Academy -N.S.Macfarlane Charitable Trust Award -1999
- The Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour Open Exhibition in 1990, 1993 and 1995,
- The Royal Watercolour Society Open Exhibition in 1992, 1994, 1995, and 1996.
- The Royal Watercolour Society Award Exhibition in 1997.
- The Royal Society of Marine Artists in 1994 and 1995.
- The Royal Glasgow Institute Open Exhibition in 1994, 2007
- The Singer and Friedlander-Sunday Times Watercolour Competition 1995.
- The Manchester Art Fair 1995.
- The Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Water-colours Open Exhibition 1996, 1997, 1998 and 1999. Art ‘97, to Art 2007 Islington.
- The Royal Scottish Academy 1999 to 2002
- Elected to membership of The Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolours in November 1998.